The first two public engagement sessions for the Waterloo Regional Official Plan Update where Regional Staff will discuss the three proposed Growth Options and answer questions have been announced. It is extremely important that we understand the implications of these scenarios and speak up for the future that we want to see. Currently the residential growth options include:
- Scenario #1 – paving over more than 5,500 acres of farmland and breaching the Countryside Line in numerous places,
- Scenario #2 – destroying about 1,000 acres of greenspace for sprawl in only some municipalities,
- Scenario #3 – staying within our existing urban boundaries with 0 acres of farmland loss and more sustainable growth.
Learn more at: https://www.engagewr.ca/regional-official-plan
Sign up for either virtual Zoom webinar being hosted by Regional Staff at:
- Friday, April 22nd from 10:00am to 12:00noon – https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZYqf-GgrDgqGdfANMU2iEWCPOk3bIfTDwf8
- Monday, April 25th from 7:00pm to 9:00pm – https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZIvfu2uqjgoG91cTWxdVaBi_Ritpar8mA67
There may be additional public consultations announced for May as well. Be sure to get out, get involved, and advocate for a better future.